Curbside Trash Collection by Republic Services
Items placed in the blue bin will be picked up by Republic Services and trucked directly to the Lorain County Landfill. You are encourage to not place recyclable items, yard waste, nor usable items into the trash container. Either recycle those items, place them out for the yard waste compost, or donate them to organizations that can sell or use them. See links under Waste Management to your left for more information.
Weekly Blue Trash Bin Collection Rules
Time and Day of Collection: To ensure your recycling and rubbish materials are removed, please place your rubbish and recycling container at the curb by 6:00 A.M. on Tuesday mornings, but no earlier than 5pm on Monday evenings. Please remove empty containers within 12 hours after collection. If one of the following holidays falls on or before your regular pick up day, then your recycling and rubbish materials will be collected one day late. Holidays that affect collection days are the following:New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Container placement: During the collection hours mentioned above, place containers within 3 feet of the curb and 3 feet apart, with the arrows facing the street. Do not place carts near mailboxes or other fixed objects. Within 12 hours of containers being emptied, they must be moved to a location on your property where they cannot be seen from the street.
NOTE: Containers remain the property of Allied Waste and should not be removed from the residence.
- Food Waste – drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic bag.
- Other trash – juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper , etc.
- Sharp items, broken glass, syringes, etc. (Place in puncture-proof container prior to placing in cart)
Trash Not Permitted:
- Large car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Extra bags or cans of trash (outside of blue bin) except the first full work week of the month
NOTE: Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials and debris.
Monthly Bulk Trash Collection Rules
Once a month, Bulk Trash Pickup allows you to put out more trash than can fit inside your blue bin, but only in the amounts and on the days listed in the rules below. On non-bulk trash days, trash will only be collected if it is in the blue container. This does not affect compostable yard waste rules found in the links to your left. Those items may be placed out all regular trash days between April 15 and December 15. Also, the green recycling container will be collected every week in addition to the blue trash container and the compostable yard waste.
Time and Day: Bulk pickup is only one day per month. The bulk items will be picked up on the Tuesdays listed here: http://www.cityofbayvillage.com/departments/service-department/bay-village-automated-refuse-recycling-program/bulk-pick-up-dates.aspx
Trash Permitted During Bulk Pickup:
Note: You are encourage to donate usable items and recycle items instead of placing them in the trash.
- Household furniture, carpeting, tied and rolled into 4’ lengths etc.
- Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
- Refrigerators, freezers – DOORS REMOVED, FREON REMOVED (contact Bay Village Service Station for freon removal)
- Window AC Units and Dehumidifiers, FREON REMOVED (contact Bay Village Service Station for freon removal)
- Washers and dryers
- 3 - 32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
- Christmas trees picked up the first and second full week of January